§ 1 General
This data protection declaration is subject to German law.
First of all I would like to say that I, Fynn Merlevede owner of Minimals, make a lot of effort to comply with all the regulations. However, this is not always easy due to countless regulations. Therefore, if you find a mistake, please let me know and I will correct it as soon as I can.
Our data protection practice is in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) and the Telemedia Act (TMG).
§ 2 Personal Data
We collect, process and use personal data only if you have given your consent or if the relevant legal provisions on the protection of your data permit collection, processing and use.
§ 3 Specific Purpose
- We will only collect, process and use the personal data made available with your consent for the purposes communicated to you.
- The collection, processing and use of your personal data may take place without separate consent if the collection, processing or use of the data
- is necessary for the preparation, negotiation and performance of a contract with you,
- for a purpose that is directly related to the purpose for which you have given your consent to the collection, processing and use of your personal data,
- is necessary due to a legal obligation or official or court order,
- is necessary to substantiate or protect legal claims or to defend actions; or
- serves to prevent misuse or other illegal activities.
§ 4 Intented Purpose
We collect, store and process your data for the entire processing of your purchase, including any subsequent warranties, for our services, technical administration and our own marketing purposes. Your personal data will only be passed on to third parties or otherwise transmitted if this is necessary for the purpose of contract processing or billing or if you have given your prior consent. The data passed on in this way may only be used by our service providers to fulfil their tasks. Any other use of the information is not permitted and does not take place with any of the service providers entrusted by us.
We process your name, address, order data and payment information for the purpose of fulfilling the contract. If it is necessary to process your order, we will forward your name and address to the company responsible for delivery. We process this data on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 b) DSGVO for the fulfilment of the contract.
When paying via PayPal, credit card via PayPal, direct debit via PayPal or – if offered – “purchase on account” via PayPal, we pass on your payment data to PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg (hereinafter referred to as “PayPal”) as part of the payment processing.
PayPal reserves the right to carry out a credit check for the payment methods credit card via PayPal, direct debit via PayPal or – if offered – “purchase on account” via PayPal. PayPal will use the result of the credit check in relation to the statistical probability of non-payment for the purpose of deciding on the provision of the respective payment method. The credit report may contain probability values (so-called score values). If score values are included in the result of the credit report, they have their basis in a scientifically recognized mathematical-statistical procedure. Address data, among other things, is included in the calculation of the score values. Please refer to PayPal’s data protection declaration for further data protection information, including information on the credit agencies used: https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
The personal data transmitted to PayPal is regularly first name, surname, address, e-mail address, IP address or other data necessary for payment processing. To process the purchase contract, personal data related to the respective order (e.g. number of items, item number, invoice amount and taxes and other invoice information) is also required.
The transmission of your data is necessary for payment processing via PayPal and is intended to confirm your identity and the administration of your payment order. PayPal may share your personal information with affiliated companies and service providers or subcontractors to the extent necessary to fulfill your contractual obligations or to process the information on your behalf.
The personal data transmitted by us to PayPal may be transmitted by PayPal to credit agencies. The purpose of this transfer is to check identity and creditworthiness. PayPal uses the result of the credit check, taking into account the statistical probability of non-payment, for the purpose of deciding whether to provide the respective payment method. The credit check can contain probability values (so-called score values). If score values are included in the result of the credit report, they have their basis in a scientifically recognized mathematical-statistical procedure.
You can see which credit agencies are involved here: https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full#rAnnex
You have the possibility to revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time by PayPal. The revocation of your consent does not, however, affect the legality of the processing that took place on the basis of your consent until you revoke your consent, insofar as the personal data must be processed, used or transmitted for the processing of payments in accordance with the contract.
For your order we need your correct name, address and payment data. We need your e-mail address so that we can confirm receipt of your order and communicate with you. We also use this for your identification. You will also receive your order and shipping confirmation via your e-mail address.
Your personal data will be deleted if this does not conflict with legal storage obligations and if you have asserted a claim for deletion if the data is no longer required to fulfil the purpose for which it was stored.
$ 5 Communication or use-related data
When you access our websites, some communication-related data (e.g. Internet protocol address) or use-related data (e.g. information at the start of use) are collected automatically for technical reasons. This information may allow conclusions to be drawn about personal data. The collection, processing and use of your communication and use-related data only takes place when this is absolutely necessary and in accordance with the legal regulations on data protection.
Your visit to our website will be logged. The following data will be processed: Name of the website accessed, date and time of access, amount of data transferred, browser type and version, operating system used by the user, referrer URL (previously visited page), your IP address and the requesting provider. We collect this data on the basis of our legitimate interests within the meaning of Art. 6 Para. 1 f) DSGVO.
We only store personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed or for as long as your consent has been revoked. Insofar as legal retention periods are to be observed, e.g. commercial and tax law, the storage period for certain data can be up to 10 years.
§ 6 Automatically collected non-personal data
When you access our websites, anonymous data is automatically collected, i.e. data that is not assigned to a specific person (e.g. Internet browser and operating system used; domain name of the website from which you came; number of visits; average time spent on the site; pages viewed). We use this information to measure the attractiveness of our Websites and to improve their performance and content. This anonymous data is stored separately from any personal data you may provide and thus does not allow any conclusions to be drawn about a specific person. After evaluation, this data is deleted.
$ 7 Information about Google Analytics & Cookies
- theofficialminimals.com uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”. A “cookie” is a small data file that we transfer to your computer when you surf our site. The file is stored on your computer and automatically recognises your computer the next time you visit. A cookie can only contain information that we ourselves send to your computer – private data cannot be read out with it. If you accept the cookies on our site, we do not have access to your personal information, but with the help of the cookies we can identify your computer. Without your explicit consent, we will not use web cookies to collect unsolicited personal information about you or to transmit such information to third parties and marketing platforms.
- Cookies are used to optimize our Internet presence and our offers. Cookies allow us, for example, to adapt a website to your interests, to save the shopping basket or to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it each time. If you do not want us to recognize your computer, please set your Internet browser so that it deletes cookies from your computer hard drive, blocks all cookies or warns you before a cookie is stored. We use “session-related” cookies (session cookies or session-ID´s): they do not remain on your computer. If you leave our pages, the temporary cookie is also discarded. With the help of the collected information, we can analyze usage patterns and structures of our website. In this way, we can continually optimize our website by improving its content or personalization and simplifying its use. Most browsers accept cookies by default. Cookies can be rejected in the security settings. If you do not accept cookies, certain features on our site may not be available to you and some pages may not display correctly. For detailed instructions on how to prevent cookies from being placed through your browser settings, please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
- We also use the Facebook Pixel. This is a code snippet that is implemented on our website to track certain behavior. On the basis of this data it is possible to place targeted advertisements and create custom audiences.
§ 8 Newsletter
For the dispatch of the newsletter we use the so-called double opt-in procedure, i.e. we will only send you a newsletter by e-mail if you have expressly confirmed to us beforehand that we should activate the newsletter service. For this purpose we use your email address. We will then send you a notification e-mail and ask you to confirm that you wish to receive our newsletter by clicking on a link contained in this e-mail.
You only give your permission to our company, we do not pass on your data to third parties for advertising purposes. For statistical purposes, we evaluate anonymously which links are clicked in the newsletter. It is not recognizable which concrete person clicked. Upon request, we will inform you free of charge which data we have stored about you. You have the right to demand the correction, blocking or deletion of your data. As a rule, we send the newsletter monthly, for special promotions or discounts the newsletter can also be sent more often. The newsletter contains information about our product range, current discounts or special offers such as competitions.
Should you no longer wish to receive newsletters from us at a later date, you can object to this at any time without incurring any costs other than the transmission costs according to the basic tariffs. A message in text form to firstname.lastname@example.org is sufficient for this. Of course you will also find a unsubscribe link in every newsletter.
By subscribing to our newsletter, you consent to the storage of your personal data such as e-mail address and (if specified) first name, surname and gender. Your data will then be processed on the basis of your consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 a) DSGVO.
Art. 6 para. 1 a) DSGVO provides the legal basis for the lawful collection of data within the scope of newsletter advertising. Paragraph 1 UAbs. 1 lit. a DSGVO.
§ 9 Information
Upon request, we will provide you with information on all reasonable requests to review and, if necessary, rectify, amend or delete.